The Town of Petawawa is the largest community in Renfrew County with a population of 18,160 (2021 Stats Can). The Town enjoys a unique partnership with Garrison Petawawa, the largest area employer. The area boasts a unique balance of family-oriented and sports-enthusiast dream recreational facilities and a natural playground set along the Petawawa and Ottawa Rivers. It is rural living with charming locales and landscapes you can't get anywhere else. Find quality housing at affordable prices and an abundance of products, services, and skilled labor that you would expect only from a much larger community.
Commercial developers will find a wide selection of serviced and non-serviced residential, commercial, and industrial land available for building homes and establishing business ventures. Our public utilities are state-of-the-art and well-maintained. Clean water, excellent roads, and reliable power.
We are home to the Pembroke and Area airport, run by a joint municipal Commission. The facility is fully equipped with a paved 5,000-foot runway used by both private recreational aircraft as well as corporate jets 24 hours a day, all year round.
Petawawa boasts a quality of life that is second to none, with state-of-the-art recreational facilities, modern infrastructure, and growing commercial and industrial sectors. The Town is rich in culture and heritage, abounds with scenic nature, and is steeped with a deep sense of community pride. Come and visit us and see just how Dynamic by Nature we are.
With neighbourly regards,
Statistical Data on Community and Economic Profile
- View the Town of Petawawa Profile Summary Data on Townfolio site
- View the Town of Petawawa Population Census Material on Statistics Canada page
- View the Petawawa Town Centre 2023 Environics Analytics Community Profile.
- View the County of Renfrew Community Profile Page. Select the community to see the data sets.
- View the CNL 2023 June presentation on projects, development and economic impacts
The Key Facts chart above provides an interesting comparison between the Town of Petawawa and the County of Renfrew as a whole which is comprised of the 17 municipalities and the City of Pembroke. Petawawa has the highest population in Renfrew County thanks to the stability of the Garrison, as the area's largest employer. Petawawa has the lowest median age, at 33, and the highest median income throughout Renfrew County at $105,754.
The Town of Petawawa is fortunate to have some great area employers within our immediate catchment area. Two of the largest civilian employers are Garrison Petawawa and Canadian Nuclear Laboratories Chalk River (CNL).
Looking for Development Opportunities
- We compile a list of available commercial lands for sale or lease: Commercial Business Space/Land Available - The Town of Petawawa
- Looking for Industrial Lands? This is the Town-owned Industrial Park Petawawa Industrial Park - The Town of Petawawa
- Looking at residential development potential? Here is our 2023 Housing Needs Assessment Study: Petawawa Housing Needs Assessment - Final Report - The Town of Petawawa
|2018 Town of Petawawa Economic Profile
|2018 Town of Petawawa Community Gap Analysis