print page icon


Use This New Online Option to Contact the OPP

If you are a resident of the Town of Petawawa and would like to file a report on a non-emergency issue, you can do so in one of three ways:

1. Call 1-888-310-1122 to speak to the dispatcher to register your concern and start the reporting process;


2. Go to the Detachment at 1913 Petawawa Boulevard and speak to a staff member;


3. Use the newly launched OPP Citizen Self-Reporting app.

This system allows you to submit a report from your computer or mobile device at your convenience and without going to an OPP detachment. However, in order for the police to officially act on your concern, an official complaint must be registered so an incident report can be completed and be assigned for follow-up.

All submissions will be reviewed by an officer, and you may be contacted to provide more information. You must have a valid e-mail address in order to submit a report.

Use This System To Report:

  • Lost/missing property
  • Stolen license plates or validation stickers
  • Theft from a vehicle
  • Mischief/damage to a vehicle
  • Mischief (damage to property other than a vehicle, including graffiti)
  • Theft
  • Gas Theft
  • Driving Complaints

File a Citizen's Report Now

DO NOT Use This System:

  • If the occurrence is an emergency
  • If the occurrence happened outside of OPP jurisdiction
  • If there are any identifiable suspects
  • If anyone was injured
  • If the occurrence involves a weapon
  • If the occurrence involves any damage to a motor vehicle due to an actual or apparent collision, including fail to remain collisions
  • If the occurrence involves a break and enter to a place (e.g. unlawful entry and theft from a house, a building or a structure)
  • If the occurrence involves drugs or gambling (inlcuding lottery tickets)
  • If the occurrence involves a passport