The Town of Petawawa has an Emergency Response Plan in place to ensure that should there be a declared emergency there is a coordinated response for the community.
Emergency Preparedness is everyone’s responsibility. As a resident of the Town of Petawawa you can prepare for emergencies by ensuring your home has an emergency kit.
The following are suggestions on items that should be found within your emergency kit:
- Flashlight and spare batteries
- Radio or crank radio (so you can listen to news bulletins)
- First-aid kit
- Candles, matches/lighter
- Extra car keys and cash (including coins/cards for telephone)
- Important papers (identification for everyone, insurance papers)
- You should have at least a three-day supply of food and water on hand.
- Choose ready-to-eat foods that don’t need refrigeration.
- At least four litres of water per person per day should be allocated – two for drinking and two for food preparation, hygiene and dishwashing.
- It is also a good idea to keep a supply of water purification tablets on hand.
- Clothing and footwear (one change of clothes per person)
- Blankets or sleeping bags (one blanket or sleeping bag per person)
- Toilet paper and other personal supplies such as shampoo, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, soap and a towel and face cloth (one for each person)
- Backpack/duffel bag (or something else to carry the emergency kit in, in case you have to evacuate)
- Playing cards or small games
When preparing a kit always remember individuals who may have special needs or requirements during an emergency situation. Emergency Management Ontario provides additional information on planning for Seniors, People With Disabilities, Children and Pets.
For further information on Emergency Planning for the Town of Petawawa please contact:
Emergency Management Ontario: www.emergencymanagementontario.ca
Step 1 - Make a Plan
Step 2 - Build a Kit
Step 3 - Be Informed
|2007 Emergency Response Plan||8.47KB|