The Petawawa EDI Advisory Committee will provide advice and recommendations to Council related to equity, diversity and inclusion in the Town of Petawawa. The Petawawa EDI Advisory Committee will also advise the Town on actions that can be taken to build an inclusive community in Petawawa, which is respectful, inclusive, and safe, where everyone has an equal opportunity to take part.
The Petawawa EDI Advisory Committee’s goals and objectives are to provide advice and make recommendations to Council on:
- Developing and implementing an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan for the Town of Petawawa, to address inclusivity and diversity barriers faced by members of the municipality;
- Anti-racism and Anti-discrimination initiatives;
- Various issues and initiatives concerning equity, diversity and inclusion in our municipality;
- Elimination of barriers within Town programs and services for the diverse populations of our municipality;
- Reviewing Town policies and procedures with an inclusionary lens;
- Developing new policies and procedures related to equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Fostering a greater understanding and awareness of equity, diversity and inclusion matters within the municipality through community partnerships;
- Facilitating opportunities to educate and celebrate the diverse social, cultural and traditional elements that make up Petawawa;
- Identifying resources and community outreach activities; and
- Engaging community groups and leaders in the activities of the Petawawa EDI Advisory Committee.
STANDING (left to right): Councillor Theresa Sabourin, Becky Conroy, Alaina Campbell, Ellen Gallant, Josh Vardy, Maryse Ahow, Clerk Colin Howard
SEATED: Councillor Lisa Coutu, Natalie Chaumont