Direct link to the RCDHU page on Vaccination
1.RCDHU COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment Registration Link
2.RCDHU COVID-19 Screening and Consent Form
3.RCDHU COVID-19 Appointment Checklist
4.RCDHU COVID-19 Vaccination Eligibility Expanding to Include New Groups
A) Eligible people who can book an appointment based on availability of vaccine
- Residents in the general population born between 1967 and 1971 (50 to 54 years of age).
- Remaining elementary and secondary school workers (including educators, custodial, school bus drivers, administrative staff).
- Workers responding to critical events (including police, fire, special constables, children’s aid society workers, emergency management, critical infrastructure restoration workers).
- Enforcement, inspection and compliance roles (including by-law enforcement, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, border inspection officers, labour inspectors, WSIB field workers).
- Remaining individuals working in licensed childcare settings (including all licensees, employees and students on educational placements who interact directly with children in licensed childcare centres and in authorized recreation and skill building programs, licensed home child care and in-home service providers, employees of home child care agencies).
- Foster care agenda workers (including customary care providers).
- Food manufacturing and distribution workers.
- Agriculture and farm workers.
- Funeral, crematorium and cemetery workers.
- All residents and staff of congregate living facilities.
- Long-Term Care and Retirement Home essential caregivers.
- Indigenous residents (on or off reserve) who are 18 years of age and older.
- Faith based leaders who, as part of their role, provide end of life care, care of the deceased, home visits to unwell persons, or pastoral care in LTC/RHs or other vulnerable settings.
- All health care workers.
- Anyone receiving chronic home care that have been identified by home health care organizations. This group will receive a call notifying them that they are eligible and should book after receiving this call.
- Education staff supporting students with complex special education needs.
- Residents with the following high-risk health conditions and one essential caregiver for those in the high-risk health condition group: Organ transplant recipients, Stem cell transplant recipients, Neurological diseases in which breathing function may be impacted (e.g., motor neuron disease, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, ALS, acquired brain injury), Haematological malignancy (acute lymphocytic (ALL), chronic lymphocytic (CLL), acute myeloid (AML), chronic myeloid (CML)), myeloma, and lymphoma (Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s (NHL)), Kidney disease eGFR< 30, Obesity (BMI > 40), Treatments causing immunosuppression (e.g., chemotherapy, immunity- weakening medications such as long-term steroid treatment rheumatoid arthritis, lupus), Intellectual or developmental disabilities (e.g., Down Syndrome) and pregnancy – Please note partners of pregnant women are not eligible to book for vaccination as an essential caregiver. All individuals who are pregnant and had previously pre-registered under the “at-risk conditions” category, must re-register under the “high-risk conditions” category.
- Child care workers in licensed child care settings.
- First responders providing medical responses.
- Residents 40 years of age and older in 2021 are eligible to book an appointment for the AstraZeneca vaccine at RCD’s public clinics in addition to participating pharmacies.
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 9 dated April 22, 2021
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 8 dated April 14, 2021 Key COVID-19 FAQ Vaccination Details
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 7 dated April 7, 2021
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 6 dated March 30, 2021
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 5 dated March 24, 2021
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 4 dated March 17, 2021 Key COVID-19 FAQ Vaccination Details
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 3 dated March 10, 2021
Vaccine News Brief Issued by the RCDHU - Volume 2 dated March 2, 2021
Vaccine News Brief issued by the RCDHU - Volume 1 dated February 19, 2021
RCDHU Vaccine Distribution and Summary Administration Plan - dated February 12, 2021
The Ontario Government Tiered COVID-19 Vaccination Plan website
April 16, 2021, The RCDHU has issued a media release Province Extends Provincial Declaration of Emergency and Provincewide Stay-At-Home Order
pril 16, 2021, The RCDHU has issued a media release RCD Residents Requiring Second Dose COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Will Be Notified
April 8, 2021, The RCDHU has issued a media release The Best Vaccine is the One Available to you Right Now.
April 7, 2021, The RCDHU has issued a media release Regarding the Provincewide Stay at Home Order.
March 26, 2021, The RCDHU has issued a media release "COVID-19 Safe Dining" Requirements for Patrons and Operators.
March 22, 2021, The RCDHU has issued a media release Renfrew County and District COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout Expands To Next Priority Groups
March 10, 2021 The RCDHU has issued a media release Renfrew County and District’s COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout Expands To Next Priority Groups
- Retirement Home residents (who will be vaccinated in-home by mobile vaccination teams).
- Retirement Home essential caregivers.
- Residents in the general population who are 80 years of age and older.
- Indigenous residents (on or off reserve) who are 55 years of age and older
To facilitate this, an online registration system for vaccination appointments has now been launched. You can access the system through Renfrew County and District Health Unit’s (RCDHU) website at: www.rcdhu.com.
Those individuals who are currently eligible for vaccination can visit RCDHU’s website to register online as this is often quicker. Individuals are encouraged to ask a family member or friend to assist if they are unable to do so themselves. If a person is unable to register online, they can call RCDHU at 613-735-9724 or 1-800-267-1097 extension 200. Residents are asked to only leave one message with their name and phone number, and someone will return their
call as soon as possible.
March 5, 2021 The RCDHU has issued a media release Rise in COVID-19 Cases Moves Renfrew County and District to Yellow. RCDHU FAQ Sheet for Yellow-Protect Zone.
March 3, 2021 The RCDHU has issued a media release Reminder of Mandatory Face Mask Requirements.
Feb 26, 2021 The RCDHU has issued a media release regarding the NEW Text Notificiation System for COVID-19 Exposures.
Feb 22, 2021 The RCDHU has issued a media release about Government Changes to the COVID-19 Child Care Screening Tool.
Feb 8, 2021 The RCDHU has issued a media release about the Provincial Stay at Home Order over in Renfrew County and District end of day February 9, 2021.
Jan 21, 2021 The RCDHU has issued a media release on the State of Covid-19 in Renfrew County and District.
Dec 21, 2020 The RCDHU has issued a media release on the Provincewide Shutdown.
Dec 11, 2020 The RCDHU issued a media release, COVID-19 Travel Advisory and Safe Holiday Guidance
In addition to the media release the following additional materials are provided:
RCDHU Holiday Safety Guidance
RCDHU Holiday Gathering Recommendations
RCDHU Safer vs. Riskier Holiday Activities
RCDHU At Home Holiday Activity Ideas