Posted June 15, 2021
Petawawa Point Boat Launch Closure
The Petawawa Point Boat launch will be closed for repairs starting Tuesday June 22, 2021. The boat launch will remain closed for 4-5 days; duration will depend on weather and changing water levels. Alternate launching areas can be found at Jubilee Lodge and Marina or the Pembroke Marina. Check back on this page to see when it is re-opened.
Posted May 21, 2021
Updated June 6, 2021
Town of Petawawa Outdoor Amenities – May Long Weekend and Beyond
The May 20th announcement, by the Province of Ontario, specified approved outdoor recreational amenities which may be opened as of May 22nd, 2021. The Town of Petawawa is moving towards opening its outdoor recreational amenities as per the schedule below. Residents using these amenities are reminded to follow the current Provincial COVID-19 safety protocols while enjoying Town of Petawawa parks and outdoor spaces.
- Petawawa Point Park including the beach, washrooms, and boat launch will be open on May 22nd.
- The Petawawa Civic Centre tennis courts will be open for use on May 22nd at 8 am. The courts will be free to use on the May long weekend and on a first come - first serve basis. Should players be waiting to use the courts, please limit play to one hour or less. Commencing May 25th, the courts will be operated using a membership system for the summer of 2021. Additionally, as a pilot project for 2021, pickleball lines will be installed on the courts during the week of May 25th. Tennis court information can be found at Tennis Courts - The Town of Petawawa
- Basketball/multipurpose courts will be open on May 22nd, however rim replacement will only occur on Monday May 24th. Courts are located at Jack Pine Park, Pineridge Park and Kiddyland Park.
- The Construction Yard Bike Park will open June 11th. Opening was delayed due to renovations and supply issues caused by Covid. Please refer to the Construction Yard Bike Park - The Town of Petawawa page for more information.
- The pilot project skateboard park at the Petawawa Civic Centre will be set-up the week of May 25th.
- The Civitan Playland Splashpad will open Friday June 4th along with the Kinhut washrooms, for more information refer to the Splash Pad - The Town of Petawawa page.
- The Petawawa Civic Centre Mini-Putt and Kinhut canteen will open on June 18th.
- Outdoor sports and leagues will not be permitted until Step Two of the Provincial Roadmap to reopen. Rental of Town ball diamonds and soccer fields cannot occur until this time.
For more information on the reopening of outdoor recreational areas in the Town of Petawawa, please call Community Services at 613-687-5678.
Town of Petawawa Community Events 2021
It is with deep regret that we announce the cancellation of this year’s Petawawa Civic Centre Days (June 17 -20th) and Canada Day Celebrations (July1st) events.
This is not a decision we have taken lightly as there are two overriding concerns that have guided us to make this decision at this time.
First and foremost is the concern of the well-being and health of residents and visitors of the Town of Petawawa during large scale events. In these unforeseen times we must ensure all events are planned and implemented in a safe and secure manor for all that participate.
Secondly, event organizers cannot implement a well-structured event in these unfamiliar times as event parameters are currently not defined or established and therefore making it very difficult to organize and move forward with community events.
We hope you understand and we look forward to planning new and exciting events in the future for you and your families.
Community Services Department
Any questions or concerns can be directed to email@example.com or by calling 613-687-56787 * 2102
Outdoor Ice Rink is offically closed for the season. (03/09/2021)
Construction Yard Bike Park - General Notice for summer season: During and after periods of heavy rain, Construction Yard Bike Park will be closed. Re-opening after rain is delayed to allow for maintenance.
Please check our Facebook page or back on this page for updates about conditions, closures and cancellations.