Board Goals and Strategies for 2022
- Support the creation and implementation of a UOVOPP Detachment area Community Safety and Well-Being Plan.
- Foster the concept of community partnership and ownership in maintaining a safe community.
- Establish an active educational program consistent with our vision; including public awareness campaigns regarding false 911 calls, the legalization of recreational marijuana, distracted driving, seatbelt use, speeding, and impaired driving.
- Serve as a partner in the safety support network for children, youth, families, and seniors. With a focus on seniors regarding scams/fraud involving internet technology.
- Institute effective protocols which address violence against women.
- Leverage technology to create operational efficiencies, and expand the PPSB’s social media presence.
- Ensure appropriate and professional interactions and communications.
- Support the UOVOPP in the continuation of RIDE programs for the Detchment Area.
- Collaborate with the UOVOPP in the creation of a CAMSafe program for the Detachment Area.
Petawawa Police Services Board
January 19, 2022