We had so much fun last year with the Residential Harvest Display Contest that is back again for 2021. If you are a resident of Petawawa and want to participate, this page will offer you more information on the process and how to register. Great opportunity to decorate your property and our community in a fun harvest-inspired theme. Great prizes to be won!
To participate in this contest residences need to register before September 24th. NEW this year, if you can't decorate your residence you can select and be approved for a public location in order to participate. Review all the details and then select the registration links at the bottom of the page.
Rules and Guidelines
Interested participants should review all information contained herein.
- Entry Application Period: up to September 24th - Applications to participate will be accepted.
- Entry Application Deadline: up to September 24th - Residential applications are due.
- Photo submission Deadline: no later than October 4th - Submit two (2) photos of your display
- Harvest Display Period: September 28th – October 25th - Displays must be up at each participating residence for this period.
- Judging Period: October 6th - October 10th - Eligible entries will be scored.
- Winners Announced: Thursday, October 14th - Announcement to start the Petawawa Ramble weekend
- Participation is open to all residents within the geographic boundaries of the Town of Petawawa.
- Entry is free; there is no cost or fees to apply.
- Employees of the Town of Petawawa are not eligible to participate.
- Entry Applications (to be eligible to win a prize) must be received no later than 4:00 pm on Friday September 24th.
Harvest Display Guidelines
- Applicants must have their harvest displays out from September 28th to October 25th.
- Contest is for exterior harvest type displays only and must feature at minimum one pumpkin folk.
- Display must be in good taste, whimsical along a family-friendly theme and not scary, gruesome or violent. Please refrain from putting overly political, religious or controversial messaging or props within your display.
- The Residential Contest Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entries they feel to be not family friendly or distasteful.
- Display will be judged on curb appeal. The top five finalists in each category will be viewed from the street only. Therefore no backyard or side yard displays will be eligible (side yard permitted only if lot is on a corner).
- Harvest display must be set up away from curbs and sidewalks such that the display does not impede sightlines or encroach on road allowances or private property.
- Participants assume responsibility for their harvest displays and understand that they should not place out items of importance which maybe the target of vandals or theft.
- Note: To be eligible for consideration, within the contest, the displays must be street side and at street level. This would limit apartment participation; however, as a renter, should your landlord permit you to have a piece of property street side on which to assemble a display, then you would be eligible to participate. Proof of approval from the landlord would be required.
- Applicants must submit two (2) photos of their display by October 4th for review of eligibility and top five selection by the judging panel. Failure to provide the photos will disqualify the applicant.
- Judges will review the submitted photos and select five entries for each category which will be part of the street visit and from which the final winners will be selected.
- The street visit by the Judges will occur between October 6th - October 10th.
- Best Harvest Display with a theme (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
- Most Unique Harvest Display (1st, 2nd and 3rd)
- Honorable Mention Judges Choice (1 award)
- NEW Best Neighbourhood (1 award) (only awarded if eligible must have five qualified harvest displays on same residential street
Prizes for each category
- 1st Place: $100 cash with $100 in local business gift certificates
- 2nd Place: $100 gift basket featuring local business products
- 3rd Place and Honorable Mention: $50 gift basket/certificate combination featuring local business
- Best Neighbourhood - Five large pizza certificates to host a block party amongst neighbours
- Winners agree that photos of their harvest displays will be used, royalty and compensation free, by the Town of Petawawa and any affiliated parties for the promotion of this program.
- Winners will be notified by email and names published as part of the contest wrap-up media.
- Winners agree to incorporate a winner sign in their display until the end of the event which is October 25th, 2021.
- For questions, please contact the listed sponsor of this contest. Applications are available by submitting an email to email@example.com or by completing an online registration form.