print page icon

Consent Applications

A consent or land severance is the authorized separation of a piece of land to form a new lot or a new parcel of land. The Town of Petawawa sets out the policies regarding land division.

A consent is required, if you want to sell, mortgage, charge or enter into any agreement (of at least 21 years) for a portion of your land. If the two parts are split already, by a road or railway for example, consent is not needed. In addition to the division of land, rights-of-way, easements and any change to your existing property boundaries also require land severance approval.

If several severances are intended in the same area, a plan of subdivision may be more appropriate.