The Town of Petawawa is currently seeking candidates to fill vacancies on the Town of Petawawa Fire Department. Being a volunteer firefighter requires a large amount of time for both training and responding to emergency incidents. Your safety and that of your fellow firefighters and the public depends on the skills you will learn and more importantly maintain and improve upon.
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Possess a minimum Grade Twelve (12) Diploma or equivalent;
- Be legally able to work in Canada;
- Be able to pass a health and medical check, and fitness assessment;
- Must reside within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Petawawa;
- Be able to respond to a variety of calls requiring availability during all times of the day including daytime, evenings, overnight, and weekends; and
- Be able to attend required training and complete mandatory training program.
- A valid Class “D” driver’s license from the Province of Ontario, including a “Z” endorsement at time of hiring date;
- Previous related experience and/or training; and
- First Aid/CPR and Defibrillator certification training.
Town of Petawawa
1111 Victoria Street
Petawawa, ON K8H 2E6
The Town of Petawawa is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Town of Petawawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Town of Petawawa of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
|Application Form - Volunteer Firefighter||6.88KB|