The Town of Petawawa is currently seeking responsible, enthusiastic and outgoing Summer Beach Attendants for the Petawawa Point Beach location. Beach Attendants are responsible for kayak, canoe and stand up paddle board lessons and rental programs as well as providing general customer service to Petawawa Point Beach and Park users.
Description of Position:
- Organize, maintain and oversee the rental and lesson programs; ensure supplies are in working order
- Assist in the operation and delivery of recreation programs and/or events occurring at the Petawawa Point Beach, including summer day camp programs
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the facility and beachfront
- Review, complete and follow up on incident reports, daily occurrences and other issues with the Manager of Recreation and Tourism
- Current certifications in First Aid & CPR-C
- Pleasure Craft Operator card (or willing to obtain)
- Formal studies in Recreation/Leisure, Outdoor Recreation or Physical Education, an asset
- Excellent swimming skills and knowledge in waterfront safety; current Bronze Medallion/Cross, NLS or other related certifications an asset
- Valid driver’s license, an asset
- Able to lift 55+ pounds overhead
- Knowledge of debit transactions and inventory record keeping
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience working outdoors, with all ages and populations of the public
- High energy, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- A keen interest in canoeing, kayaking, and stand up paddle boarding
- Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service oriented attitude
Hours of Work:
- June 1 - June 30, 2024: Saturday and Sunday only
- July 2 - August 27, 2024: up to 35 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $17.65 per hour.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume by 4:30 PM on March 1, 2024 to:
The Town of Petawawa is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Town of Petawawa of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.