The Town of Petawawa is currently seeking an experienced professional to fulfill the position of Economic Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager of Economic Development, the Economic Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting various economic development initiatives to promote the growth and development of the Town of Petawawa’s economic base and assist in the retention and expansion of existing businesses.
Description of Position:
- Maintains the economic development information on the town website and databases
- Provides research, customer service and clerical support to the Economic Development Manager
- Conducts, collects and disburses research and statistical data
- Develops and implements social media strategy for various economic development accounts
- Supports the organizing/hosting of special events and the container market
- Coordinates and attends trades shows and special events
- Equivalent to community college in Marketing and/or Business Administration; post secondary courses in Economic Development, Marketing, or Tourism would be considered an asset
- Minimum two to three years of experience in a related field
A detailed job description is available for download below.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed resume by 4:30 PM on February 23, 2024 to:
The Town of Petawawa is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Town of Petawawa of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
|Economic Development Coordinator - Job Description