Interim Instalment of Tax Bill Notice
The Town issues an interim tax bill for all property tax classes with one instalment due at the end of March. The interim tax bill is calculated at 50% of the previous year’s total taxes levied (special charges such as garbage, water and sewer are not included).
The 2020 Interim tax bill for all all property tax classes is due March 30th.
Property Tax Payment Options
The Town of Petawawa offers several payment options to remit property taxes including:
- Internet & Telephone Banking – This payment option is available with most major banks – use your 19 digit roll number as your account number and search “Petawawa” to locate account name e.g. “Petawawa, Town of – Tax Acct”.
- By Mail – Send your payment to the Town of Petawawa, 1111 Victoria Street, Petawawa ON K8H 2E6 – don’t forget to include either the stub from your tax bill or a note with payment information.
- At a Bank or Financial Institution – Contact your financial institution for further information – bank service charges may apply.
- In Person – The Town Office is located at 1111 Victoria Street, Petawawa and it is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday except statutory holidays. We accept payment by cash, cheque (made payable to the Town of Petawawa) or Interac.
- Night Deposit Box – A night deposit box is located at the Council Chamber entrance of the Town Office. Please ensure that your cheque and payment information are placed in a sealed envelope. Please do not place cash in this box.
- Post-Dated Cheques – Post-dated cheques can be dropped off at the Town Office in person, mailed or deposited in the night deposit box.
Late Payment Penalty and Application of Payments
A late payment penalty of 1.25% per month is added to any outstanding amount on the 1st day of each month until paid. Payments made on your account are applied first to any outstanding interest and penalty and then to the oldest outstanding taxes.
Please ensure that the Town has your current mailing address on file - failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve you from the responsibility of payment of taxes or penalty.