The Town issues a final tax bill for the residential, farmland and managed forest tax classes with two installments – one due at the end of July and one due at the end of October.
The final tax bill notice - second installment for all residential, farmland and managed forest properties are due October 29th.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, the easiest and recommended method of payment is through telephone/online banking. Either log onto your financial institution’s online banking site or contact your financial institution’s telebanking centre by telephone. Set up Town of Petawawa (Petawawa) as a payee and use your roll number (19 digits no spaces or periods) as your account number.
If you attend the Town Hall to remit payment, debit is the preferred method. Please remember though that many debit cards carry a daily purchasing limit and to temporary increase your daily limit, you must contact your financial institution directly. We do not accept credit cards.
Please remember when visiting the Town Hall to adhere to all public health measures including self-assessment prior to entry and wearing a mask/facial covering.
Property Tax Payment Options
The Town of Petawawa offers several payment options to remit property taxes including:
- Internet & Telephone Banking – This payment option is available with most major banks – use your 19 digit roll number as your account number and search “Petawawa” to locate account name e.g. “Petawawa, Town of – Tax Acct”.
- By Mail – Send your payment to the Town of Petawawa, 1111 Victoria Street, Petawawa ON K8H 2E6 – don’t forget to include either the stub from your tax bill or a note with payment information.
- At a Bank or Financial Institution – Contact your financial institution for further information – bank service charges may apply.
- In Person – The Town Office is located at 1111 Victoria Street, Petawawa and it is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday except statutory holidays. We accept payment by cash, cheque (made payable to the Town of Petawawa) or Interac.
- Night Deposit Box – A night deposit box is located at the Council Chamber entrance of the Town Office. Please ensure that your cheque and payment information are placed in a sealed envelope. Please do not place cash in this box.
- Post-Dated Cheques – Post-dated cheques can be dropped off at the Town Office in person, mailed or deposited in the night deposit box.
Late Payment Penalty and Application of Payments
A late payment penalty of 1.25% per month is added to any outstanding amount on the 1st day of each month until paid. Payments made on your account are applied first to any outstanding interest and penalty and then to the oldest outstanding taxes.
Please ensure that the Town has your current mailing address on file - failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve you from the responsibility of payment of taxes or penalty.