Next: March 01 2024
Past: February 25 2024
Please check our Events Calendar and the Closures and Cancellations page to verify any dates that skating is cancelled/not scheduled and/or the outdoor rink is closed.
Indoor Skating 2023-2024
Petawawa Civic Centre - 16 Civic Centre Road
Indoor public skating is scheduled on Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:00 pm to 1:00pm, and Sundays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm starting Saturday September 30, 2023 and ending March 31st, 2024.
- Wednesdays and Fridays are FREE
- Sundays are paid skates.* The cost is $1.50 for children (14 & under), $2.50 for adults, and $5 for a family. Cash only, at the canteen.
- Enter through the main doors at the front of the arena and make your way to the canteen in the arena lobby.
Stollers are not permitted on the ice & all persons must be wearing skates on the ice.
Skating aids are available.
- skating aid for toddlers
- sled for infants
Holiday Free Skate sponsored by Local Organizations & Businesses
Residents come together at the Civic Centre to enjoy public skating, an active and healthy recreational activity the whole family can participate in together. Businesses have the opportunity to offset the costs for the public to access these activities through sponsorship. Stay Tuned for some sponsored skate dates during Cabin Fever, Family Day and March break!
Outdoor Skating 2023 - CLOSED FOR SEASON - February 8, 2024
677 Pineridge Crescent (laneway left of the park)
General hours: 10:00 am (after morning maintenance) to 10:00 pm. The outdoor rink opens seasonally from January to March. The opening date requires a period of colder temperatures in order for the base layers to freeze consistently.
The rink is lit in the evenings.
Please note that changerooms will be avialable for the 2023-2024 season but there are no washroom facilities on site.
- This facility is unsupervised
- No more than 25 persons on the ice at a time
- No food or drink on the ice surface
- No horseplay/games
- No figure skating maneuvers
- No erratic/excessive speeds
- Skate with the direction of all skaters
- Helmets are strongly recommended
- Alcohol is prohibited on the premises
- Be kind and share the ice
|Public Skating Rules of Conduct - Town of Petawawa