- There is a pressing need to find ways of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and adapting to the impacts of a changing climate (extreme weather, changing or unpredictable growing seasons, etc.).
- The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in enormous economic disruptions as well as a mass migration of people from larger urban centres to smaller municipalities like the Town of Petawawa in search of more space or more affordable housing.
- The pandemic has also illustrated how vulnerable small businesses are to the shocks of disasters and how important it is for people to have access to recreation and open space, critical services, and active transportation opportunities close to their homes.
- Notice of Special Meeting of Council - Town of Petawawa Official Plan Update - Wednesday, March 8th 6:30 pm. (in-person)
- Invitation to Stakeholder Meeting - Stakeholder Meeting - Wednesday, March 29th 9:00 am (virtual presentation) Town of Petawawa Stakeholders Meeting _ 1-20230329_090354-Meeting Recording.mp4 (sharepoint.com)
- Council Meeting - Council OP Briefing - Monday, June 19th, 6:30 pm In Council Chambers (in-person)
- Invitation to Stakeholder Group and Public Opportunity Meetings - Tuesday, June 20th 2 pm - 4 pm and 5 pm - 7 pm. These in-person sessions will take place at the upstairs hall of the Petawawa Civic Centre.
Both sessions will start with a presentation outlining the progress of the Official Plan Update project and key recommendations for policy directions for the new Official Plan. The presentations will be followed by interactive engagement activity to gather feedback on the proposed policy directions to be addressed in the Official Plan. If interested in attending either session please RSVP by June 12th to Karen Cronier, Director of Planning and Development, Community Emergency Management Coordinator for the Town of Petawawa by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Review the Draft Policy Directions Report.
If you have questions or comments on the Official Plan Review, please contact:
Karen Cronier, Director of Planning and Development, email@example.com 613-687-5536
Planning Act - Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13 (ontario.ca)
Provincial Policy Statement - Provincial Policy Statement, 2020 | ontario.ca
Citizen’s Guide to Official Plans - Official plans | Citizen’s guide to land use planning | ontario.ca