What is the rental for 80 sq. ft. of retail space?
Businesses or renters using the Town’s facilities, including the Container units, should have a commercial insurance policy in place to cover their operations. Obtaining a certificate of event insurance is free when requesting the certificate from your insurance carrier. If you are not sure if you have any extendable coverage just check with your insurance provider.
For businesses or renters who do not have operational insurance coverage, there is the option of purchasing insurance coverage through the Town for an additional fee.
At the time of booking, you will be required to state whether you have your own insurance or will need to purchase coverage through the Town.
September & October (weekend rental as per 2022 Container Market schedule)
- With Insurance Coverage: $60.00 + 7.80 HST for a total fee of $67.80.
- Without Insurance Coverage: ADD $37.50 + $3.00 tax for a total rental fee of $108.30
Pop In Opportunities (one-day pop-in rates for select vendors with specific terms on select special days)
- With Insurance Coverage: $30.00 + 3.90 HST for a total fee of $33.90.
- Without Insurance Coverage: ADD $18.75 + $1.50 tax for a total rental fee of $54.15*
Note subject to not having the event sponsor cover all event insurance expenses. In this case, then the fee would be the same as that of Insurance with coverage.
- Vendors must provide proof of insurance naming the Town of Petawawa as additionally insured, liability should be no less than two million dollars (2,000,000.00). "User" Insurance coverage is available as per the rates noted above for vendors who do not have commercial insurance plans.
- Vendors must pay for unit rental fee, in full in advance of the rental week. Payments can be made at the Community Services office at 16 Civic Centre Rd.
- Vendors must provide any additional certificates or verification requested subject to products and services offered. ie.) A copy of health unit certification.
- Complete and submit the vendor request form (online). Your booking will only be confirmed following adherence to these conditions.
- There are no refunds for no-shows.
- Cancellations to secured bookings must be made in writing two full weeks in advance for a full refund. Cancellations can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. The contract holder agrees to notify the town of Petawawa of cancellation at least 2 weeks (14 days) before the date the unit is to be rented, or a $25 administration fee will be deducted from the refund.
- Rentals are for the designated time period. There are no fee reductions or alterations to the fee structure for shortened use nor is shortened use permitted unless under specific pre-arranged circumstances.
- If unusually extreme weather were to affect all vendors in the Container Market to operate (freak snowstorm or torrential rains), then compensation would be considered.
- A representative of the municipality of Petawawa may in their sole discretion cancel the agreement under the following circumstances: the renter did not fully pay for the unit as per the rental requirements, the renter agreement was transferred without departmental approval, the renter is not using the unit for the purposes and products identified in the application, there is a breach of terms outlined in the agreement or emergency repairs are needed for the rental unit.