The Renfrew County Community Futures Development Corporation is a provincially incorporated non-profit organization that is governed by a local volunteer Board of Directors. They have been helping small business in the Renfrew County area since 1986. Their approach is simple. They look for local solutions that fit the challenges of the local economy.
Their objectives are as follows:
- To promote and participate in the development of community plans and strategies for addressing socio-economic change, development of local economies and job creation.
- To provide financing to small businesses and entrepreneurs experiencing difficulties in obtaining traditional financing for the development, expansion, or restructuring of their operations where the aforementioned objectives, new employment opportunities or the introduction of new business initiatives are involved.
- To become self-sufficient in the provision of loans to enhance regional economic diversification and job creation.
- To provide skilled business advice to clients.
In particular, they provide:
- Strategic community planning and socio-economic development;
- Support for community-based projects;
- Business information and planning services; and
- Access to capital for small and medium-sized businesses and social enterprises